Thank you for your interest in BHA-Houston! We are delighted that you are considering our Academy for your child’s education and the Office of Admission is here to assist you in your application process.
Application Process for 2020-2021
BHA-Houston’s admission process and criteria aim at considering each applicant holistically. Our decisions are based on the evaluation of the applicant’s values, character, academics, behavior, self-motivation, and citizenship. Before filling out our online application, please make sure to read through all of the instructions. We also strongly encourage you to attend one of our admissions events. If you are interested in 9th grade, please fill out the inquiry form here.
Step 1: Apply for Admission using these forms:
- Student Profile Application [Required for each student]
- Transportation Form [If transportation services are needed]
- Health Information Packet [Required for each student]
Note: Registration is not complete until both applications have been submitted (Application for admission & Student Profile Application)
Step 2: Document Submission:
Provide your child’s current school with the School Records Release form. All documents must be submitted to the Office of Admission via email, fax (972) 675-2063, or by dropping at the front office. Please note:in order to expedite your admission process, submit all documents at once. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Copy of Birth certificate
- Immunization records
- 2017-2018 final report card
- 2018-2019 most current report card/progress report
- Official transcript (for 9th-12th grade applicants)
- 2017-2018 State testing results (if applicable)
- MAP testing results (if applicable)
- Disciplinary/behavioral report (if none, please state so on school letterhead with signature)
- Special programs: ESL, 504/Special/Alternative Education file, Gifted and Talented (if applicable)
Step 3: Interview and Admission Testing:
Once all documents have been received by the Office of Admission, you will be contacted to schedule your child’s admission test. At the time of testing, a $100 non-refundable onsite testing fee per applicant will be required. A $1,000 new family enrollment fee per family is due at the time of enrollment.
Step 4: Review and Decision for Admission:
Admission decisions, for those who meet all the priority deadlines, will be communicated to the parents/guardians via email.
Step 5: Acceptance Process:
Upon Admission, parents must complete the Enrollment Process to secure your child’s seat. The Office of Admission will include instructions on securing your seat in the Acceptance Letter. A copy of the student handbook can be found here.
Spring Educational Foundation (SEF) / Brighter Horizons Academy - Houston (BHA-Houston) complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The Organization will not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.